You’ve read their autobiography, “The Dirt”, from wild parties at the Motley house to strip clubs and tattoo parlors, to the club scene. Now you can visit and experience it all yourself on this 2 hour tour.
Your tour guide is none other than, Will Boyett. Will was Motley Crue’s photographer in 1981 and was Tommy Lee’s roommate before Tommy moved out and into the Motley House.
You’ll hear the stories first hand from someone who lived it with the Crue. Here are some of the places you’ll visit along the way:
- Motley Crue’s rehearsal studio
- Motley Crue’s star on the Walk of Fame
- The apartment building where Nikki overdosed and died
- The strip club featured in the Girls Girls Girls video
- The tattoo parlor where they got many of their awesome tattoos
- The clubs they hung out at and performed in, Starwood, Whiskey, Troubadour, and the Roxy
- The Rainbow where many a decadent evening was spent
- The infamous parking lot where Vince was to fight Axl Rose
- And of course the world renowned Motley House where you can actually go and see the apartment and the front door that was trashed
All along the tour, Will has interesting stories and photos (from his private collection) about the Crue that have never been published before.
In addition to the sites, you’ll be able to:
- Walk down the hill from the Motley House to the strip, just as Will did with Motley Crue on many an occasion
- Take a photo next to their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Walk the strip as the Crue did over to the Rainbow. If open you can go inside to get a feel of the atmosphere and what it was like in 1981 (the place has not changed)
This is the only tour of it’s kind and guided by a Motley Crue insider, Will Boyett. Take the tour now, experience the places, hear the stories, see the photos
Submit your review
I've been a life-long fan of Motley Crue so when I first learned about the Motley tour I knew I had to go. The tour is personal and led by non other than Will Boyett, Tommy Lee's first photographer. It takes about 2 hours to complete and Will gives you all the dirt on the dirt, if you know what I mean.
It's really cool to see and be in the same places that the band grew up in. We went to their first rehearsal studio, The clubs where Motley first played, the 7th veil where they made the video for Girls Girls Girls, the tattoo shops where they got their first tatts, the Motley Crue Star on Hollywood Blvd, the place where Nikki died, the Motley house and the Whisky-a-gogo where it all began... As Tommy said in the Kick start my heart video "back Home sweet home".
Will is very accommodating and will stop anytime along the way and take your picture at all the hot spots. He also has good info on the other bands that were rockin out on the Sunset Strip back in the early 80's. His personal stories of Motley life in the early years are great to hear. And he has the photos to back it up so you know it's the real deal.
If you're in the Hollywood area you have to do the tour. Seeing the sights for yourself brings everything you've ever heard about Motley Crue full circle.
Thanks Mick. It was a pleasure showing you the sights. Glad you enjoyed yourself and thanks for the great review.
I grew up listening to Motley so on my recent trip to Los Angeles, I booked the tour with Will.
The tour lasted a little over two of hours and we visited most all the places in Hollywood that were mentioned in Motley's autobiography. It was great to finally see the places I had read about.
I highly recommend the tour to any Motley fan that visits Hollywood.
Thank you Corey, I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed it.